Two Egyptians killed by airstrike in
Ahram OnlineTwo Egyptians killed by airstrike in war-torn Libya: Egypt foreign ministryAhram OnlineAccording to the statement, Egypt's ambassador to Libya, Mohamed Abu Bakr, who is currently based in Egypt, confirmed that Ahmed Hassan Hagag and Magued Hassan, who were working in the northern city of Ajdabiya, were killed by an airstrike.Two Egyptians Killed in LibyaEgyptian Streetsall 2 news articles »
Posted on 27 November 2015 | 2:08 am
Oil Pares Weekly Advance as Libya Seeks to
Financial ExpressOil Pares Weekly Advance as Libya Seeks to Boost Crude SupplyBOE Report (press release)Libya's National Oil Corp. said it's making progress to resume pumping crude after more than a year from two fields including Sharara, the OPEC member's biggest. Russian President Vladimir Putin signaled his country will cooperate with the broader ...Oil pares first weekly gain as Russia rules out military actionIrish Timesall 1,049 news articles »
Posted on 26 November 2015 | 8:28 pm
No international solution to Libya's
No international solution to Libya's problems meeting in Ghariyan toldLibya HeraldThe meeting, called by Ghariyan municipal council to find a Libya solution to Libya's problems, included representatives from municipalities in Libya, mainly from the west as well as members from the General National Congress and the Khalifa Ghwell ...
Posted on 26 November 2015 | 5:11 pm
Kobler goes to UAE from Qatar seeking
Libya HeraldKobler goes to UAE from Qatar seeking support for Libya Dialogue dealLibya HeraldFollowing talks yesterday in Qatar, UN Special Envoy Martin Kobler was in Abu Dhabi today to discuss the Libya crisis with the UAE government. In a low-key meeting, he discussed the latest Libya developments and the state of the UN-brokered Libya ...UN hails Qatar role in Libya peace dealPeninsula On-lineall 2 news articles »
Posted on 26 November 2015 | 2:54 pm
Why did Leon's Libya mission fail? - The
Why did Leon's Libya mission fail?The Daily StarA version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Daily Star on November 27, 2015, on page 7. Recommended. Related Articles. Is Libya back to square one following United Nations scandal? UAE armed Libya factions, wooed envoy with job offer ...and more »
Posted on 26 November 2015 | 2:17 pm
At least 30 die as boat with 200 migrants
At least 30 people died Thursday when a boat carrying around 200 migrants bound for Europe sank in the Mediterranean off the coast of Libya, the country’s coast guard said. “We have recovered 30 bodies so far and rescued dozens of people, with dozens ...
Posted on 27 August 2015 | 11:21 am
Boat packed with migrants sinks off Libya;
TRIPOLI: A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials said up to 200 might have died. A security official in the western town of Zuwara, from where the overcrowded boat had set off, said ...
Posted on 27 August 2015 | 11:03 am
Scores dead after boat full of migrants
Around 40 bodies found on boat and another 160 floating in sea around a kilometre from Zuwara, a port in western Libya Up to 200 bodies have been discovered floating off the coast of one of Libya’s main people-smuggling hubs on Thursday, in the latest ...
Posted on 27 August 2015 | 10:46 am
Islamic State’ Pretense and the Upcoming
Regardless of whether Arabs bomb Libya, or Western powers do so, the crisis in that country is likely to escalate, if not worsen, as history has amply shown. Another war is in the making in Libya: the questions are ‘how’ and ‘when’? While the ...
Posted on 27 August 2015 | 10:37 am
Migrant crisis: Libya boats capsize off
Hundreds of people are feared dead after two boats carrying up to 500 migrants capsized off the Libyan city of Zuwara, residents and officials say. The first boat, which signalled for help early on Thursday, had nearly 50 people on board. The second ...
Posted on 27 August 2015 | 9:02 am